Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Heart Just Aches

I've been visiting several home decor blogs recently and getting lots of inspiration. Tonight I hopped onto Thrifty Decor Chick and read her post about a little girl who died today.

I followed the link to The Macs. Their precious Cora, a lovely girl not quite a year old, went to Heaven today after a brief, but fierce battle with cancer. Just two weeks ago they were oblivious to the challenges that lay ahead and were happily living their lives with their sweet baby. Two weeks.

I have cried so much tonight thinking about this family. In the last two weeks I have celebrated my daughter's birthday, spent time with my mom, picked up a new craft, watched my youngest scoot around the house....we've just been living life. All the while, these folks have had their lives turned upside down, dealt with the most vicious of diseases, and have no doubt cried rivers.

Oh, my heart aches. I will be praying for this young couple and hope that you will join me. They are strong in their faith and love the Lord with all their hearts. I pray that He would continue to uplift them and give them peace. I pray that the Lord would use this situation to His glory.

Hug your little ones a little tighter, and praise God for the amazing gift we have been given.

2 comments:

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

When I happened upon this tragic story at Thrifty Decor Chick, I seriously lost it. I could not stop the uncontrollable sobs. My heart is broken for this precious young family. I will continue to pray for them that their hearts can be healed!

~Amanda

Unknown said...

I heard about the Cora story a few weeks ago...just when she was admitted to the hospital. It saddened me so much and I continue to check on the blog everyday. I too, we just shattered when I heard about her death. SO sad! That family can't even possibly know the amount of people praying for them just from blogs alone.