Saturday, April 4, 2009

Crafting & Thrifting - what else?

This morning, Camille and I hit the road to do a bit of garage sale-ing. We had SO much fun! I am really enjoying getting to spend a bit of one-on-one time with her, and she loves it too. Although, when it's just the two of us, she really misses Lily. This morning, she said, "Mom, I miss Lily. There's no one else to talk to but you." Thanks, honey! I do love that she and Lily are already so close! And....without further ado - - our scores!



From the left, kinda clockwise:
Mini wall pocket - $2 (euclyptus is going in the trash)
Set of 12 new Miss Spider's Sunny Patch books - $4
...sitting on top of two chapter books - 50 cents each
gymboree poppy bag 50 cents
two easel/plate stands - 50 cents each
usborne spanish flash cards - 50 cents
little ceramic stand - I'll use on a tablescape after I spray paint it 25 cents
perfection game - $1
little ladybug hair clippy *NEW* from a bowmaker having a garage sale - $2.50
...
Not pictured: several shorts for Camille (50 cents each), a couple outfits for Lily (50 cents each), a Polly Pocket house (50 cents), a witch costume (75 cents), and a little stuffed frog (free cause Camille is so darn sweet, people just want to give her stuff)
...
Seems like 50 cents was the price to be today. Like everything was 50 cents it seemed. I LOVE those easels. I've been needing a couple more. The gal at the garage sale had them out with two plates. The plates were NOT my style - like grapes & pears or something. She was selling them as a set and I negotiated with her for the easels alone - - and she only charged me 1.00 for the pair - SCORE!
...
We did have a near score - We passed by a sale and I saw that they had a globe there. I turned around, hoping it was one of those interactive LeapFrog globes (that would be SO perfect for school next year!). We parked, got out of the car, were almost to the table, when another lady swiped it up. Camille was heartbroken! She's been wanting one of those for awhile. So today she learned one of the hard parts about garage sale-ing: that someone else can get it first!
....
Hoppity Hop-Hop.....
I saw a little stuffed bunny garland at another blog last week, and about peed my pants! How stinkin' cute? What says Easter better than a bunch of cute bunnies all strung together? Well, the gal didn't have a pattern posted, but I thought I could figure it out. I made mine in patterns of pink & brown and I just love them!! They were totally fun to make & I even made Camille one to play with. You know, cause she needed another stuffed animal and all.

1 comment:

Bess said...

What fun, two girls bargain hunt'n. You really did score! Don't that just make ya heart sing. Now, how does that flylady get that feeln? Shiny sink just don't do the same for me. Well, I gotta post my finds on my blog for ya. Yes, bought more treasures. I guess I can look at it this way, I will have more opportunities to "declutter" the flylady will be proud if I do. Speaking of which what craft does she do that she can set-up, complete and put away in 1 hour????? Not in my world, LOL. Have you looked on craiglist or ebay for the globe? Beautiful day today, got to get out before church tonight. Huggs